So, you finally have a business website… but you don’t know what to do with it. When you build a website, you have very powerful marketing collateral that you can use to get more business than you ever thought possible. It doesn’t matter if you have a bricks-and-mortar business or a completely online business – these marketing methods work wonders. Here’s how to market your business website, both online and offline.
* Blogging Content – The more relevant content in the form of blogs you can put on your website, dripping out a little at a time, the more traffic you’ll get to your website. You don’t want the content to go up all at once; you want it to go a little at a time so that the search engines grab it, and so that you get a steady trickle of traffic every day.
* Social Media Networks – When you write a blog post or add any content to your site, let people know on all your social media networks about the new content. Try to make each update to social media slightly unique so that it doesn’t look like just the same thing all the time. Each network has its own unique appearance and personality. Just match your blurbs with each network.
* Your Business Card – Believe it or not, you can get a lot of business with the good old-fashioned business card. Put your URL on it, and hand it out to people you meet. You never know if someone you meet today will call you months or even a year down the line because they need what you’re offering.
* QR Codes – These are those funny square things that you can use your smartphone to take a picture of and grab the information. A QR code can take your customer or contact to a newsletter sign-up page or just your webpage. It’s up to you.
* Pay Per Click – All search engines, plus most social media networks, allow you to do some form of pay-per-click marketing. Right now, the easiest and best one to use is Facebook. You can design an advertisement and target it in the minutest way possible to get the most convertible clicks.
* TV Advertisements – Yes, you can market your website using TV spots. Depending on what you promote on your website, especially if it’s a highly desirable that appeals to mass quantities of people, local advertisements can do wonders for your business. Contact your local news affiliates for more information about how to run a TV spot.
* SEO – Search engine optimization should be your first go-to marketing method for your website. SEO involves ensuring that you have the right content on your site, using the right keywords and in the right order for the best results. SEO also happens off your website and is called off-page SEO. This means that you find ways to produce material that provides a link back to your website.
* Sponsorships – Locally and internationally there are always sponsorship opportunities available where you can help put on an event, support a charity, or combine resources with other businesses offering complementary items to your audience. The end result is more traffic to your website.
Marketing your business website is an important part of having a business. If you want people to find out about your business, the website is essential. And telling people about the website and making it easy to find using SEO techniques is the only way they’ll know it exists.